Home School Community Liason
HOME SCHOOL LIAISON refers to a “Home School Community Liaison Teacher – H.S.C.L.T.”.
The aim of the “Home School Community Liaison Teacher” is to develop partnership and co-operation between parents, teachers and relevant community agencies. Everybody works together with the best interests of the children in mind. Parents are encouraged to participate more fully in their children’s education and to become more involved in the life of the school. We encourage parents to become aware of their own ability in enhancing their children’s educational progress.
St. Bernadette’s Senior and Junior School has a shared, full-time Home School Community Liaison Teacher (H.S.C.L.T.) whose job it is to provide this essential link between home and school.
Our H.S.C.L. Teacher is Gillian Lynch
The HSCL teacher works with parents/guardians in a number of ways:
Visiting parents/guardians in their homes
- visiting parents/guardians in their homes
- organising courses, talks or meetings for parents/guardians in the school e.g. computer classes, support classes for parents, baking, cooking, parenting, fairs, crafts, well-being, keep fit etc.
- actively involving parents/guardians in their children’s education e.g through projects such as Science for Fun, Maths for Fun and Literacy for Fun
- promoting closer partnership between teachers and parents
- working with the Parents Association
- working with relevant community agencies that play a role in the life if the child
- working with Tusla, Tess and the Education Welfare Board.
How to contact Gillian:
- Parents can drop into the school and meet Gillian.
- Parents can leave message with the school secretary.
- Parents may phone Gillian at (085) 763-0466.
- Parents may text / WhatsApp message Gillian at (085) 763-0466.
- Parents can email Gillian at firstname.lastname@example.org